Love and sex makes the world go ’round – it’s a fact of life – and they offer for a lot, if not most, song lyrics.
Where would we be without them?
What about kink and corruption? Now we’re talking…
What is it about the forbidden fruits that make them so much more sweeter to taste?
I think it is human nature to have some deviant desires. Of course I consider myself the unofficial queen of unconventional relationships, at least in my circle of friends.
It’s no secret I’ve tasted the fruit from the deviance tree more than once in my life. It’s not that I am a slut, it is because I have always embraced my wild and rebellious ways. I’m a writer and artist. I hold within me a curiosity, and to steal a line from Iggy Pop, a lust for life. I also have the courage and fortitude to explore uncharted territory without reservation.
Have you tasted the forbidden fruit, or is it still a fantasy world for you? If you haven’t yet, what is stopping you from exploration? Even the tiniest taste can make a huge difference in your world.
Give yourself permission to get adventurous and play.
Just in time for a long Valentine’s Day weekend a mixtape playlist chock full of good ol’ lustful and sexy songs about love, lust, corruption, BDSM and over all naughtiness – mostly by alternative artists, with a few exceptions. I had to throw in some Madonna, just for good measure. No one took risks and openly brought fantasies out into the open like Madonna did in the 1980’s and 90’s.
You’ll also see a plethora of songs by Depeche Mode on this playlist – that’s no mistake. I feel that no one out there has embraced the sexiness of BDSM more than Martin L. Gore and his lyrics.
So get inside your mind, pull some of your fantasies out and experiment – even if you just entertain the thoughts, write, sing, dance or you find the wild spirit inside to share those thoughts with your significant other.
If you’ve waited for permission or a sign to do it – here it is, with the perfect music to accompany you.
- Strangelove – Depeche Mode
- I Put a Spell on You – Annie Lennox
- Face to Face – Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Slave – Gary Numan
- I’m Your Man – Nick Cave
- Secret – Madonna
- Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing – Chris Issac
- In Your Room – Depeche Mode
- No Ordinary Love – Sade
- Principles of Lust – Enigma
- Slave to Love – Bryan Ferry
- The Chauffeur – Duran Duran
- Surrender – Depeche Mode
- Rough Sex – Lords of Acid
- Chains – Tina Arena
- Human Nature – Madonna
- (Slave to) Lust – The Mission
- Happiness in Slavery – Nine Inch Nails
- Tight Rope – Lacuna Coil
- Master – Razed in Black
- #1 Crush – Garbage
- Rush (live) – Depeche Mode
- Pleasure and Pain – Cuir Bleu
- Kiss (The Whip) – Athamay
- Christian Woman – Type O Negative
- Bondage Song – London After Midnight
- Stripped (live) – Depeche Mode
- Got You Where I Want You – The Flys
- 6 Underground – Sneaker Pimps
- Like A Bad Girl Should – The Cramps
- Desire (Sacrifice) – Gary Numan
- Justify My Love – Madonna
- Working For The Skin Trade – Duran Duran
- Dressed in Black – Depeche Mode
- Spank My Booty – Lords of Acid
- The Pleasure Is Pain – The Dark
- Deliverance – The Mission
- Only When I Lose Myself – Depeche Mode
- In My Secret Life – Leonard Cohen
- Temple of Love – Sisters of Mercy
- Venus in Furs – The Velvet Underground
- Army of Me – Bjork
- Sea of Sin – Depeche Mode
- Queen of Pain – The Cramps
- Passenger – Deftones
- Shut Up and Fuck – Betty Blowtorch
- Oh Bondage! Up Yours! – X-Ray Spex
- Moments in Love – Art of Noise
- Absolution – Gary Numan
- Corrupt – Depeche Mode