Want – both a noun and a verb meaning to desire for someone or something.
I have a want, a hunger deep inside my being for raw passion shared with another. I thirst for adventure, to go to unknown places, yet I am content in the peaceful stillness of the night, with the crickets singing and bright moonlight shining down.
My want has become an almost all-consuming fire inside of me.
Thinking that this hunger, this want would convert into creative energy and propel me further with passionate words and poetic forces I’ve only dreamed of writing, I swallowed my feelings down…
They churn inside, stoking the fires of my womanhood. Alas, they’ve instead formed a dam holding me back. What started out as mere droplets of water are now pushing violently against the dams, ready to burst forth. I need to confront and accept these feelings…
Fall beckons to me…
I need to jump without fear into the unknown… I’m sure I will find the remnants of past mistakes and shreds of fear and regret on my way down to the ground. This time I will not embrace those familiar energies in order to cushion my fall and feel some sort of comfort. Comfort is overrated. I want to feel excitement for life again and living in comfort won’t get me to where I need to be.
I’m a little late in the season for my yearly Fall Mood playlist, but better late than never… that which is meant to be will be, no matter what. 🙂 The following 30 songs represent the buzz that’s been building in my mind, my desire for release, and the want deep inside me… enjoy your Fall Mood journey.
Fall Mood 2017
- Want – Recoil
- Lay Your Hands on Me – Peter Gabriel
- Angel of Love (I Feel You remix) – Depeche Mode/Dominatrix
- Physical (You’re So) – Adam & The Ants
- Rough Sex – Lords of Acid
- (I Can’t Stop) The Rain – The Crush
- Rakim – Dead Can Dance
- The Mummer’s Dance – Loreena McKennitt
- The Rapture – Siouxsie & The Banshees
- We’re In This Together – Nine Inch Nails
- Quite Unusual – Front 242
- Strange Kind of Love – Peter Murphy
- A Strange Day – The Cure
- Disorder – Joy Division
- Waiting For The Night – Depeche Mode
- Work For Love – Ministry
- Confusion 1987 – New Order
- Cold – Annie Lennox
- I’m Your Man – Leonard Cohen
- Constant Craving – k.d. lang
- Because The Night – 10,000 Maniacs
- I Wanna Be Adored – The Stone Roses
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Heart-Shaped Box – Nirvana
- Nothing Compares 2 U – Chris Cornell
- Come Undone (live acoustic) – Duran Duran
- Saw Something – Dave Gahan
- Don’t Dream It’s Over – Neil Finn
- And It All Began With You – Gary Numan
- I Want You Now (Devotional Version 1994) – Depeche Mode