Ever been lied to?
Totally crushed and heartbroken because of someone’s carelessness with your heart and feelings?
Then this mixtape playlist is for you!
I’ve revisited and (over) evaluated some of my horrible past (so-called) relationships this week.
I thought about rating them worst to best, but it seems they all fall on the same line of deception, heartbreak, and stupidity (on my part), so that is pointless.
So instead, I opted for a killer mixtape playlist with songs about lying filled with anger, rage, and heartbreak from some of the best rock, punk, and alternative bands out there.
This list could go on for hours on end, but I decided to cut it at 25 songs.
Almost every song out there in the universe revolves around love and some form of heartbreak if you stop to think about it.
Music is emotional therapy. It’s always there, whether we are happy, sad, frustrated, elated, in love, or wanting to end it all.
It’s a fact of life -- we are human and have emotions, so sooner or later, we’re going to experience hurt feelings. No one is immune to it.
We have all experienced pain, hurt, anguish, anger, and rage after a breakup.
The key though is to get those toxic feelings out, perhaps with a playlist like this, then pick up the pieces of your shattered heart, and move forward.
I’ve listed these songs in no particular order -- after the top five -- those five songs have been my “go to” songs after a breakup for many years now.
So here you have it, a ready-made post-breakup playlist, for when you find yourself in a place of heartbreak and need to purge it.
Crank this playlist up and get your rage on!
- This Love -- Pantera
- Liar – Rollins Band
- Terrible Lie – Nine Inch Nails
- Blue Monday – New Order
- Violet – Hole
- You Oughta Know -- Alanis Morissette
- Disintegration -- The Cure
- Lie to Me – Depeche Mode
- Liar – Sex Pistols
- Disappointed -- PiL
- Miserable Lie -- The Smiths
- Another Man’s Vine -- Tom Waits
- Brute -- KMDFM
- I Will Survive – Cake (cover of Gloria Gaynor’s original)
- Would I Lie To You? – Eurhythmics
- Nothing Compares to You -- Sinead O’Connor
- Talking in Your Sleep -- The Romantics
- Little Liar -- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- Self Esteem – The Offspring
- Burn – Papa Roach
- All My Life -- Foo Fighters
- Breath – Breaking Benjamin
- How Could You? – Saliva
- Black Dahlia – Hollywood Undead
- Hemorrhage -- Fuel